Wednesday, November 11, 2009

liberty love







all images via liberty

Floral print fabrics by Liberty are a key part of the brand's heritage and pretty familiar to many of us. The design studio creates new and re-works classic prints every season, inspired by nature, architecture, the design archive and the store itself. Many of these prints have been around since the 1930s, and were themselves based on Victorian designs. Looking back through the design archive, I am reminded of patchwork quilts I've snuggled under, scraps of fabric from my mother's sewing box, party dresses and doll's clothes sewed by my grandmother. The recent fad for all things floral has seen Liberty patterns back in fashion, and the ubiquitous prints have been used in some unpredictable ways- like embellishing Nike Dunks for instance. But I think I'll take my liberty prints just the way they are: classic, pretty and and unapologetically girly.

No comments:

Post a Comment